Test your relationship.
Don’t ignore or minimize these warning signs. Get help now.
Take the relationship test.
- In your relationship, have you ever experienced verbal abuse, including put-downs or threats?
- Have you suffered physical violence such as hitting, pushing, pulling hair, forced sexual contact?
- Has your partner threatened to leave you if you don’t do as they ask?
- Does your partner try to isolate you from family and friends?
- Is your partner bossy; do they try to control who you see and what you do?
- Does your partner use guilt trips to get their own way?
- Do you have to explain your whereabouts?
- Does your partner have a bad temper and a history of violence? Do they brag about mistreating others?
- Does your partner blame you when they treat you badly?
- Does your partner have a history of bad relationships?
- Does your partner believe that their sex (male or female) should be in control of their partner and family?
- Does your partner treat you “like dirt” or humiliate you in front of friends and family?
- Are you afraid of your partner? Do you worry about how they will react to what you say or do?
- Does your partner abuse alcohol or drugs?
- Have your friends or family warned you about your partner or told you they were worried about your safety?